- 1 package Fleischmann's® Simply Homemade® Cornbread Baking Mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup prepared ranch dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Chipotle Chile Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Cumin
- 1/2 lettuce head, shredded
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Prepare cornbread according to package directions. Spread batter into 13 x 9-inch pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely.
Cut cornbread into 3/4-inch cubes and spread on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely.
Combine onion, tomatoes and avocado in a small bowl. Combine ranch dressing, chipotle and cumin in a second small bowl; mix well.
Using a large glass bowl, layer half of the lettuce, onion mixture, black beans, olives, bacon, cheese and corn bread cubes. Drizzle with 1/2 cup dressing. Repeat layers. Serve immediately.